PDA

View Full Version : Sony DSC-F707 Flash Won't Work

mslee65
12-22-2004, 03:34 AM
I know how the flash works, but in both auto and manual mode, the flash pops up, but does not flash. The lightening bolt is forced on and my battery is fully charged. Could the bulb be bad? If I hook up an external flash through the ACC port, will it sync with the camera? How do I get this fixed?

D70FAN
12-22-2004, 05:24 AM
I know how the flash works, but in both auto and manual mode, the flash pops up, but does not flash. The lightening bolt is forced on and my battery is fully charged. Could the bulb be bad? If I hook up an external flash through the ACC port, will it sync with the camera? How do I get this fixed?

Yes the external flash should work. If it doesn't then it means there is a problem with the flash circuit in the camera. If it does work then the flash tube is probably dead or loose. For repair you will have to return the camera to Sony.

mslee65
12-22-2004, 06:17 AM
Is there a more compact, cheaper flash that I could try other than the HVL-F1000?

malak
06-01-2006, 03:32 PM
ony DSC-F707 Flash Won't Work

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

engenelmudur
11-26-2006, 11:32 AM
No matter what I tried, my flash does not work either. Did you find out how to fix it? Now I am using Sony HVLF32X External flash but it is too big.