PDA

View Full Version : E510

tonay
06-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Hi

Has this camera officially been released to stores? I've searched brick and mortar Best Buy, Circuit City, Ritz and Wolf w/ no luck. Most websites list the camera but I want to hold it prior to purchase. Price is down to $900 which seems great.

Thanks all

thx1138
06-24-2007, 12:25 PM
The shop I picked up mine yesterday, had a pile of about 20-30. Biggest shop around here. But that's not gonna help you unless you wanna take a trip to the Netherlands.

Actually the pile of Canon D400's next to the 410-510 was even bigger. I think there were about 150 of those. Pretty popular thing the D400. In total there must be at least a million worth of camera hardware in that store, if not more.

Hope you can get hold of a 510 soon. I really like it so far :D

Riley
06-24-2007, 12:38 PM
not sure where you are located, since you profile has no info
but it should be about completed global release

tonay
06-24-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm in South Florida USA.

I actually have a buddy that's Dutch in Holland this month on holiday - he meets all the Dutch cheap stereotypes so no way I could ask him to grap on duty free for me.

John_Reed
06-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Hi

Has this camera officially been released to stores? I've searched brick and mortar Best Buy, Circuit City, Ritz and Wolf w/ no luck. Most websites list the camera but I want to hold it prior to purchase. Price is down to $900 which seems great.

Thanks allKeeble & Schuchat in Palo Alto (CA) has it for full retail price. I was able to play with one there. Also, Wolf Camera says they're in stock, again at full retail.

erscolo
06-25-2007, 10:58 PM
I held one myself today at a local camera store here in Englewood, Colorado in the Denver metro area.

Norm in Fujino
06-27-2007, 07:28 AM
not sure where you are located, since you profile has no info
but it should be about completed global release

Not quite; we're still waiting for it here in Japan (June 29, Friday). I'll stop by Shinjuku's Yodobashi and "touch" it that day. Not planning on buying, tho, till I see a few more reviews and see what the E-3 has to offer. At this point a new lens (11-22 or 35-100mm) is more important to me.