PDA

View Full Version : HELP SD Card Transfer Limit???

Sitting Duck
06-24-2007, 09:02 AM
I have about 1,500 digital photos that I scanned from photographs and am trying to transfer to a 1 GB SD card. After about 250 photos copied onto the card the next file fails and the transfer ends.
I have tried a different card, starting at photo 251, (it goes to about 500 and stops), etc.
I select all, right mouse click, and drag to the SD Card "F" drive and "Move Here". It works to a point and them stops every time.
I do not think there is any problem with the files. The card should easily hold ALL the photos but for some reason it will not handle any more.
HELP

JLV
06-24-2007, 12:21 PM
I have about 1,500 digital photos that I scanned from photographs and am trying to transfer to a 1 GB SD card. After about 250 photos copied onto the card the next file fails and the transfer ends.
I have tried a different card, starting at photo 251, (it goes to about 500 and stops), etc.
I select all, right mouse click, and drag to the SD Card "F" drive and "Move Here". It works to a point and them stops every time.
I do not think there is any problem with the files. The card should easily hold ALL the photos but for some reason it will not handle any more.
HELP

The problem may be with your card reader. Some readers cannot handle above 512MB card.

Robert Besen
06-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Are you sure that your card can hold all 1500 photos? if your photos average more than 0.67MB they won't fit.

jeffmd
06-24-2007, 01:46 PM
the total size of the 1500 pictures is under 1gig, right?

Sitting Duck
06-24-2007, 04:01 PM
the total size of the 1500 pictures is under 1gig, right?

115 MB (121,188,352 bytes)

Sitting Duck
06-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Are you sure that your card can hold all 1500 photos? if your photos average more than 0.67MB they won't fit.

They are aroung 40 KB

Sitting Duck
06-24-2007, 04:11 PM
I have downloaded photos from various digital cameras I have owned over the years. I have stored them on my computer. I scanned photo from albums and shoe boxes full of old photos. I purchased a digital photo frame that runs off of SD memory cards. The pictures have been resized and are only about 50 KBs. The hole folded is only 115 MB (121,188,352 bytes). I want to transfer the contents of that folder onto one SD card so I can enjoy the photos on a continuous slide show playing on the digital photo frame, instead of them collecting dust. I also want to make a second SD card full of the photos to put in my saftey deposit box incase my house burns down. I can replace things but not memories.
Anyway, the way it is working right now, I will have to spread out my photos on about 6 or 7 SD cards when there is plenty of left over space on the first 1 GB SD card.
Any advise would be heplful.

jeffmd
06-24-2007, 04:54 PM
you cant continue to copy files onto the sd card after it has 249 photos? does the card say it still has space on it when you look at the properties?

Sintares
06-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Are you copying the files into the root of the card ? .. ie not into a folder.

If so try creating a folder on the card and then copy the files into the folder.

Sitting Duck
06-24-2007, 11:29 PM
you cant continue to copy files onto the sd card after it has 249 photos? does the card say it still has space on it when you look at the properties?

Yes, there is still plenty of space on the card after pasting/moving the pictures over.

Sitting Duck
06-24-2007, 11:32 PM

If so try creating a folder on the card and then copy the files into the folder.

I was just draging and dropping the pictures directly into/onto the SD card. I did not think about moving them into a folder. I will try that.
The only concern I have is if the Digital Picture frame will play a slide show when it sees the folder and not JPGs. I am sure, (hope) it is smart enough to open and read the jpgs in the folder.

Sitting Duck
06-24-2007, 11:47 PM

You are BRILIANT!
I never even thought of that. I made a folder on the card and ALL the photos easily transfered over to the SD card. The digital photo frame read the folder just fine and played a slide show.
THANK YOU