PDA

View Full Version : Some Newbie Questions

RIOP
06-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Hi Guys,

I am quite new with photography and also, I just received my d70 with the re regular lens. I have few questions in my mind:

1. When I shot in RAW after I edited into JPEG files and put it my files on the web. Why there is a big differents with my raw files . I mean, my JPEG files is alwasy either very low contrast or too contrast. When I open my photoshop, it looks fine but anyway then, let say that I edited again. Its always still looks diff after I saved it. I am seriously confsed about it .

2. The Zone System in Digital Cameras.
I am just not sure how I can do the zone system metering that effective using digital camera? because usually, in the manual I can calculate it using the meters but my nikon d70, I just can't tell in which zone that I am.

3. Blu-ish.

I am not get it why most of my pictures are looks more blue than the real life color.

Hmm I have few more questions but I think this is most of the things that bothering me.

Cheers ;)

SpecialK
06-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Hi RIOP:

First, it is always a good idea to post some samples of the image problem. It will help people really know what is going on.

Also, need name of software used, and perhaps any settings.

The contrast problem is before or after putting on the web?

"Blu-ish" checked the camera white balance (WB)?

hokeyguy
06-15-2007, 07:38 PM
This is the first time I've seen someone mention the Zone System here.:D

RIOP
06-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi Guys,

thanks for the reply though ::)

anyway, for the 1st question. I can't give some examples because e where I can give you examples of my image raw files ? I can posted in here the 7 mb files?

for the blue-ish, I checked the white balance and its supposed to be al alright though ;)

SpecialK
06-15-2007, 10:40 PM
You can post a jpg about 800 pixel wide, with exif data. (Do not "save for web" with Photoshop which removes that data.)

The Exif data will show the camera settings, and when viewed with the image will give some idea of what is going on.

You are using NX Capture?