PDA

View Full Version : Places in Ohio to Take Pictures?

barb1686
06-11-2007, 10:22 AM
In my town there isn't a whole lot of things to take pictures of. So have any of you been around the East Liverpool, Ohio area and have taken pictures? It's north eastern Ohio. Pittsburgh is on my to-do list (it's about 30-40 minutes west of here), but other than that I'm at a loss. In Pittsburgh I want try some night shots of the sky scrapers and go to the zoo.

I know I can go practically anywhere and find something...but I want to go somewhere where I don't get bored with the scenery. Tons of flowers, landmarks, some people, etc.

Thanks. :)

EricJames
06-12-2007, 08:53 AM
You must have some nearby outdoor malls? Even indoor malls can be facinating. Be creative! Pittsburg would be really fun to shoot. Personally, I like to drive around and shoot at random locations. I'm in a perfect location to shoot, though -- between Milwaukee and Chicago. Between two large cities, in a suburban environment, but if I want to get away from 'city' I can head west.

barb1686
06-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Yes, there's a mall closeby. Not much scenery though. Oh, and I just realized I said Pittsburgh was west. It's east. I must've been thinking of me being east of it. lol Oy.

There's an indoor ice rink and a pretty park up there. Maybe I'll go there one day on my own. I just went to a park in my town, but I wish there were more flowers (I didn't see any) and less trees. I'm not really a tree person. It's a historical park so there were cabins and such, so that was nice.

Saturday I am going to the Pittsburgh zoo. That will be fun. I will try to take the tripod, even though I doubt I'll want to carry it. I know I will need my zoom though and that means more camera shake, correct? Any tips for my trip?

Thanks!

toriaj
06-12-2007, 11:08 PM
The main thing I learned about city photography is to use a small aperture (big number.) At least 8, 11, or 16. That helps get everything in focus.