PDA

View Full Version : what is a film camera?

Ludwig
05-31-2007, 07:36 PM
Are these cameras that my parents have, that you put a roll of film in a camera and have them processed in a store? What kind of setting (street?) would you use film cameras for?

thanks

oh damn forgot this is a dslr discussion board

Rooz
05-31-2007, 08:05 PM
God i hope this is a joke.
am i really THAT old. :(

tim11
05-31-2007, 09:03 PM
Rooz,
That's exactly my reaction. :D
In the future, say in the next 10 or 20 years, we will hear lots of 'WHAT'S A FILM CAMERA?', but right now as in 2007; it's just too early.

Phill D
05-31-2007, 11:25 PM
Yep gave me a good laugh too--- well you gotta laugh otherwise.....:(

GaryS
06-01-2007, 07:30 AM
I don't think its really a joke. My oldest is 8, has a camera and loves photography.... He has NEVER encountered a film camera, and I think there are lots of 15 year olds in the same place.

He also wonders why I say "Album" all the time, has never seen a cassette tape, and doesn't know there are 2 George Bush-es...

hokeyguy
06-01-2007, 08:02 AM
I don't think its really a joke. My oldest is 8, has a camera and loves photography.... He has NEVER encountered a film camera, and I think there are lots of 15 year olds in the same place.

He also wonders why I say "Album" all the time, has never seen a cassette tape, and doesn't know there are 2 George Bush-es...
LOL! Don't forget 8-track tapes.
I'm so happy I learned before there were digital cameras. I think digital shooters are spoiled. I still have a tendency to use a tripod for everything since all I used to use was Kodachrome25 or Pan-F.
I read an article a while back for ~$100 software that introduced grain replicating different types of film.

David Metsky
06-01-2007, 09:01 AM
When was the last time any of you "dialed" a phone?

Daubs
06-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Another one to ponder -- two years ago I purchased a 1972 Chevy K-20 pickup, similar to my first vehicle many moons ago.

Plop my seven and five year old daughters in for a ride and I roll down the drivers side window. My seven year old looks at me in amazement and asks, "Dad, what are you doing?"

I say, "rolling down the window" realizing that she has never seen manual-crank windows.

She says all wide-eyed, "Wow! Can I do that?"

At this point I'm laughing and say, "yes, you can roll-down your window"

Riley
06-01-2007, 11:42 AM
i just hope to gezus this guys never gonna be a soldier