PDA

View Full Version : No Underwater profile on DMC100

ryk
05-26-2007, 04:49 AM
Why has Panasonic not included an Underwater scene mode? :mad: Canon have this after I sent their Development team the idea many years ago when I bought an S20. :D If they add this then they have everything. How cool would that be? :cool:

genece
05-26-2007, 05:10 AM
Less noise, not more worthless gimmics would be much better ,IMHO.

ryk
05-26-2007, 05:24 AM
It's a most valuable feature if you are a scuba diver like me. It is not a gimmick... it is sooo easy to create another set of variables in the camera firmware... takes next to no effort at all... the technicians only need to know what color profile to set and hey presto it's done.

genece
05-26-2007, 07:16 AM
I kind of figured you were a scuba diver......but not many of us are.
I still vote for less noise and less or better working N.R.
I would gladly trade all the scene modes and all the built in editing software for better IQ.
Perhaps thats why there is no perfect camera .....we each have different wants and needs in a camera.
Good luck with your wishes.
Gene

Mike63
05-27-2007, 08:40 PM
I was looking at housings for Panasonic camera's a few weeks ago and found none. Canon seems to feel it is important because housings are available for some of their camera's.

I too am a diver and I am going on my first cruise this December. Two of the stops include Cozumel and Grand Cayman and I would be fool not dive and or snorkle and get some pics.

To bad I cannot afford a camera for each different situation that I run into.:)

genece
05-28-2007, 05:06 AM
I do not know if you may find this interesting or not.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=23395944

http://www.aquapac.net/usstore/erol.html#588X0

Mike63
05-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks Gene, reading the info from people that have actually used the zip up type eased my fears about that problem but they still are only rated to 15 feet.
I had been looking at another camera of the pocket type for quite some time now and I rehashed some of that today. I previously had decided on the Canon A710 IS and switched to the Panny LZ7 but today I see that there at least 2 different manufacturers of hard cases for the A710 IS. The Canon case is the cheapest at around 170.00 and rated to 130 feet which is fine for me. So for around 400.00 I can get that camera and case!!
The problem is convincing my wife, she is so frugal so squeaks. She made me promise the FZ-20 would be the last camera I would buy. I told her this may be the only time we go/me dive at Grand Cayman and Cozumel in our life time.

I for one realize the value of pictures for family and memories and she should too as we were scrambling for pictures for our sons funeral a few months back.

genece
05-28-2007, 05:34 PM
I hope it all works out for you, and I am sorry about your son.