PDA

View Full Version : I have been trying to buy a DMC-FZ20 for two months.

mjo300
12-15-2004, 10:26 AM
What shall I do?

I have been trying to buy a DMC FZ20 for close to two months. I didn't want to pay full price so I tried internet stores. I tried A&M and they never shipped the camera. I tried My Digital Palace but they were the same as the A&M. I waited for 3-4 weeks and cancelled my orders.

fd203
12-15-2004, 03:41 PM
I had the same problem so I searched some more and recieved my fz20 in 2 days! circuit city has one for about $503.00 and if you like great Etailers you can log onto onecall.com and find one of the best deals and great service. let us know where you went.

mjo300
12-16-2004, 08:56 AM
Thank you very much. I wasn't aware of the sale from Circuit City but I found it.

MrGone
12-21-2004, 06:47 AM
Wow.. that's a great price, but when I went there today, the sale is only for $569. :( Too bad I missed out on that deal.

I had the same problem so I searched some more and recieved my fz20 in 2 days! circuit city has one for about $503.00 and if you like great Etailers you can log onto onecall.com and find one of the best deals and great service. let us know where you went.

1SFG
12-30-2004, 10:27 PM
Not sure if you're still looking, nor how you feel about eBay, but I purchased a FZ20 on Tuesday from Cord Camera on eBay. Got it for $469 shipped, they claim they are an authorized panasonic dealer, and Fed-Ex shows the package arriving tomorrow. Depending on your comfort level with eBay, might be worth a shot. FYI, this was the buy-it-now price and when I purchased they had 2 or 3 more at that price. I also saw one from an eBay seller named electronicsoutlet.com, who has pretty good feedback ratings, for $449. Tack on the $19 s/he charges for shipping and you're right back at my $469 price, give or take a $1.

Wow.. that's a great price, but when I went there today, the sale is only for $569. :( Too bad I missed out on that deal.

MrGone
12-31-2004, 06:12 AM
Not sure if you're still looking, nor how you feel about eBay, but I purchased a FZ20 on Tuesday from Cord Camera on eBay. Got it for $469 shipped, they claim they are an authorized panasonic dealer, and Fed-Ex shows the package arriving tomorrow. Depending on your comfort level with eBay, might be worth a shot. FYI, this was the buy-it-now price and when I purchased they had 2 or 3 more at that price. I also saw one from an eBay seller named electronicsoutlet.com, who has pretty good feedback ratings, for $449. Tack on the $19 s/he charges for shipping and you're right back at my $469 price, give or take a $1.

Drats.. that's too bad.. I'd already ordered it from www.digitalfotoclub.com for $615. It included the camera, and a deluxe extras package. I've purchased several things from EBay before, so I normally don't have a problem with it, but Digital Photo Club had such a high rating on www.resellerratings.com that I felt safe ordering from them. Great find though. Could you post the link for it. One of the guys I supervise at work is looking to buy it, and that deal would work out for him.

LarryH
12-31-2004, 09:00 AM
Wanted to add about the Cord Camera deal on Ebay. I bought one from them on 12/29 and Fedex delivered on 12/30. It was shipped 3 hours after I bought it, and they left positive feedback at the same time. It was packed very well and is a brand new camera.

Cord Camera is the real deal. If anyone is thinking about buying from them I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

MrGone
12-31-2004, 09:23 AM
Wanted to add about the Cord Camera deal on Ebay. I bought one from them on 12/29 and Fedex delivered on 12/30. It was shipped 3 hours after I bought it, and they left positive feedback at the same time. It was packed very well and is a brand new camera.

Cord Camera is the real deal. If anyone is thinking about buying from them I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

I couldn't find them on ebay. What is their seller name? Could someone post a link to their website if they have one?

LarryH
12-31-2004, 10:30 AM
I couldn't find them on ebay. What is their seller name? Could someone post a link to their website if they have one?

Ebay user i.d. is: cordcamera.

Website is: cordcamera.com

After I didn't buy the FZ20 the first day Cord listed them on Ebay, I watched until they listed 7 the next day - 12/29 - and bought mine. In the meantime I went to their website, which appears to be under construction, and didn't see the Panasonic listed there. So, I would suggest either babysitting Ebay, or, do like I was going to do: On their website they say to email if you are interested in a camera not shown, you may try that and see if they have an Ebay type of offer.

BTW, the FZ20s listed today on Ebay by electronicsoutlet.com for $449 are refurbs, if you didn't find see the fine print.

Hope this helps.

1SFG
12-31-2004, 11:30 AM
here's the link I have for cord's ebay store. http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcordcameraQQsorecordsperpageZ50QQsorecor dstoskipZ0QQsosortpropertyZ1 as stated above, it appears they currently don't have an fz20's listed. i only saw a panasonic fz3 listed at a buy-it-now price of $319. it also appears someone decided to test the waters on the electronicsoutlet fz20 i mentioned previously. bidding for that one is at $389.00, but with 6 days to go. i missed the language on the refurb (good catch!) and would likely skip that camera knowing that bit of info. after cord and eo, the prices jump to $499 and up - at which point you might as well visit some of the more mainstream internet stores or a brick and mortar. i've seen prices at regular stores in the sub $500 range. fedex has my cord order showing "on the truck." despite having the day off and a bunch of chores to take care of, i can't seem to leave the house for fear of missing the delivery!

1SFG
12-31-2004, 05:08 PM
just following up. got my camera today from cord camera and it's the real deal. very well packaged, and the battery is charging as i type. good luck to all on the hunt to find one and if you're comfortable buying on eBay, keep an eye out on cord's auctions to see if they get some more.

propwash
12-31-2004, 08:39 PM
Congrats on your new arrival! I found that the hardest thing to do was wait for the battery to charge up when I first got my Lumix. I did take that opportunity to go through and read the manual, so by the time things were all charged up, I was ready to start shooting.

1SFG
01-01-2005, 12:16 AM
it's going to be tough prop. fortunately i was out of the house most of today, so the battery wasn't disturbed. i'll probably read through the manual tomorrow before taking a few shots with the camera. i may also bring it with me to the dc auto show and snap a few pics there. would really like to go about things the right way though, so in the meantime i've been reading through a book i picked up 2 years ago, but never got a chance to read. "John Hedgecoe's New Introductory Photgraphy Course." The book seems to deal primarily (perhaps entirely) with regular film photography and SLR's, but I'm hoping to get a handle on the basics before venturing out. Funny thing about this camera though - I've lugged my canon s-30 through some pretty interesting environments. it's seen duty in afghanistan from late 2001-2003, and even spent a few months in Iraq recently. At no point did I hesitate to throw it in my pack and drop it in the front of my assault vest. can't imagine doing that with this panasonic. the thing looks like a work of art! this one definitely stays on the leisure side - no work duty if i can help it!

a lot to learn, but i'm hoping the learning process is an enjoyable one.