PDA

View Full Version : Is the a100 Kit lens the same as the KM 5D's?

unclebrudy
04-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Hey Sony DSLers, Don invited me, so I thought I'd drop by.:)

I have been playing with my new 5D, and while I'm having a ball, I'm really not enjoying the kit lens. It zooms and focuses smoothly and all, but my pictures are not quite "right". I seem to be getting a lot of CA in some landscape shots I'm taking and general softness, even after playing with the settings.

I know the general consensus is that the a100 kit is a piece of junk, so I was wondering if it is nothing more than a rebadged KM? And even if it isn't, is the KM kit pretty bad as well?

Thanks.

-Brian

DonSchap
04-11-2007, 10:01 PM
The KM-Kit is effectively identical. So, I suspect that solves that mystery.

The fact is, there are a few threads that address the infamous "kit lens" and some super recommendations on what to get and how cheap it will be to have better glass to use.

I suggest you simply review the SONY DSLR forum's material and take what you can from it. It's really nowhere near the amount of material a lot of the other forums have, but you'll find just about all your answers are recently addressed.

Good luck and happy reading. :D

unclebrudy
04-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Just as I suspected. Drat.

I actually have been absorbing a lot of this Sony Forum's previous threads regarding the a100 kit lens alternatives, and suffice to say now that my question in this thread has been answered I am that much more interested in them.

The TAMRON 18-200 or 18-250 look mighty nice based on your recommendations.

Thanks again.:D

-Brian