PDA

View Full Version : date stamp on Canon A80?

laurenGood
07-28-2004, 06:16 PM
Hello,

Just got a canon A80. I can set date and time, but do not know how to stamp the date/time on the photoes. Can someone help?

Thanks.

Jake Conner
07-28-2004, 06:50 PM
I don't think you can, most digital cameras don't do this. But why do you want to? The date and time are automatically stored in the EXIF data, so you have the information without obscuring your picture the way a date/time stamp would.

Jake

Raoul
07-28-2004, 07:42 PM
It can be done, see page 145 of your owner's manual: From the "Play" menu, choose "Setup" set print type to "Date" and toggle it "On." Don't forget to toggle off if you don't want dates on everything you print.
This is a great camera, master the manual and you'll love it!

Jake Conner
07-29-2004, 12:03 AM
I guess the A80 is one of the rare few... still, I think it would be better to just have the date in the EXIF header, where it doesn't obscure your image the way a date stamp does...

Jake

AiricR
02-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Cannon software doesnt allow date stamp on the powershot's ..i assume its the same for all models....I like my cannon but I need Date stamp for work purposes.."inspection Pictures"..The only line of camera that I know for sure that carries this feature is Kodak.