PDA

View Full Version : Blurred pictures

Thom
12-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Just purchased Olympus C-755 digital camera and am not accustomed to anything but a point and shoot. Am having trouble with image stabilization (picture blurs) particularly shooting indoors. Most outdoor photos are o.k. Shooting using P, Auto ISO. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

leadeater
12-12-2004, 08:43 PM
You can either increase shutter speed, if your camera has shutter priority mode, or increase ISO, which lets the camera increase shutter speed.

PhilR.

gb_in_ga
02-07-2005, 08:41 AM
I got one of these about a month ago, and no, it does not have image stabilization. It would be nice if it did, but I can live without it.

Yes, the camera does have shutter priority mode available. Setting a faster shutter speed and/or more sensitive ISO can really help as leadeater said. If available, that is -- if you are trying to take indoor pictures without flash you just might not be able to get sufficient exposure even if you select ISO 400 and a fast shutter, it depends on how much ambient light is available. BTW, picture quality can degrade if you use ISO 400, there are no free lunches.

One other way to reduce picture blur due to camera movement is to use a tripod. It doesn't help with subject movement, though.

Usually this isn't a problem unless you are using very high zoom and/or are not using flash. A moving subject will also cause problems, especially if you are not using flash. Trying to take pictures at the limit of flash range may also give you problems, as the camera has to "Slow Down" at extreme range, which leads to longer shutter times. If that is the problem, you may have to use an external flash that has more power.

Dayton Dave
02-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Try setting shutter speed at 1/25 sec...ISO 200 and 400 and see if the grain or noise is acceptable. Hold the camera to the eye rather than holding it out and using the LCD, this along with squeezing the shutter rather than pushing down helps to stabilize the camera and know that there will be shutter lag, thus hold things still until it actually "takes" the shot.

All digitals have problems this way as compared to film cameras, so just take a lot of shots knowing some aren't going to work.

Dave

Darcy
03-05-2005, 05:08 AM
Hi Thom........I just posted the same question about my new 765. Someone gave me a suggestion, which I tried last night. It has helped immensely! Pop up the flash, whether you think you need it or not, and then set the flash to Auto. Hold the shutter half way until the light turns green and then take the photo. It also does help to use the viewfinder to keep the camera steady. Try this....it made a difference for me.