PDA

View Full Version : Finepix 3800,Need help with close-up's

MR.O
03-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Hello,
First off I'd like to thank you for this community.

I was wondering if I could get some pointers? I have a Finepix3800,and I just cant seem to get a good quality close up of the wifes pllants.I have it mounted on tri-pod,and I have read the book(again).But I am still not getting any clear close-ups.
Any help on settings or general tips,I would be very thankfull.

Thank you for looking,and any and all replies..

Good Day

MR.O

JLV
03-16-2007, 10:15 AM
I am not familiar with the Finepix, so I will make only general comments. Focusing is important. Be sure your lens is within the focal range for its setting. You may be able to get closer by using the macro setting. You might try spot or center metering and focus if your camera has that
option. Post a photo we may be able you give you additional help.

Have fun.

sla
04-06-2007, 12:19 AM
Hi
I have no 3800, so I have only some general comments.
It's hard to say in one sentence, as you are not very precise and you didn't show any examples. If photos are not sharp, it may be out of focus or camera shake blur.
If it is out of focus, pay attention that you are 10-80cm from your plant if using macro mode or farther without macro. Sometimes focusing may be poor in poor lighting conditions. As I read camera's review (http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/fuji/finepix_3800-review/index.html), 3800 has poor low light fcusing. Try to add some more light. And sometimes camera locks wrong focus distance if the subject is outside focusing area or when it is small.
If you have tripod, camera shake is not very likely to happen. But it may happen if tripod has no solid ground. To be sure, try camera's self timer.
Or try using flash.
Good luck
S.