PDA

View Full Version : evolt 500 dual lens setup and sports pics..

smoothrivers
03-11-2007, 12:18 PM
This is my first camera, period (aside from disposable). I'm having trouble keeping my shots in focus using the longer lens. On landscapes I'm guessing that I'm just picking the wrong AF area, and I'll figure that out. What I need some help with is some sports pics. I was taking pics of daughter's soccer game using the sports setting on the camera, in a stadium, at night under the lights and all of them were lit ok, but were way out of focus. I tried focusing on a spot and snapping when the action arrived, and following the action. Both were fuzzy. Sometimes the head was in focus but the legs were out etc.

Are there any tweaks or settings that I can adjust to get better pics? I know practice etc, but I've taken about 300 shots and am getting frustrated.

Thx for the advice...

Riley
03-11-2007, 01:16 PM
try just using the single central focus point instead of 3
if light is so low you hear the focus motor hunting you know you are in trouble

what lenses are we talking about ?

Riley

smoothrivers
03-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Olympus Evolt E500 8MP Digital SLR with 14-45mm f/3.5-5.6 & 40-150mm f/3.5-4.5 Zuiko Lenses is the package I bought. The 40-150 is the lens I was using.

Riley
03-11-2007, 01:37 PM
ah right, twin kit
the 40-150 is a pretty good deal really
quite sharp and reasonably distortion free

certainly things seem to be better with just the centre point
particularly when light gets low

you should have a lens reset function in your menus somewhere too
turn that off, then when you turn the camera on and off, the lens focus point wont shift, so it will be faster to cover the same action

cheers

smoothrivers
03-11-2007, 08:43 PM
thx

I'll try these and see what happens.