PDA

View Full Version : Pentax Lenses

Lilchilichoco
03-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Please tell me,which Pentax lenses will I need for the following--

1. Landscapes
2. Full body portrait, especially for diffused single dimensional light,to capture forms
3. Candid shots
4. Macro.....also what is the difference between 50mm macro and 100 mm macro?

What would be a basic kit,so to speak,for everyday use? Does the kit lense of K 10 d suffice?

what is the difference between the DA and the F series of Pentax lenses?

many thanks and best regards

benjikan
03-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Please tell me,which Pentax lenses will I need for the following--

1. Landscapes
2. Full body portrait, especially for diffused single dimensional light,to capture forms
3. Candid shots
4. Macro.....also what is the difference between 50mm macro and 100 mm macro?

What would be a basic kit,so to speak,for everyday use? Does the kit lense of K 10 d suffice?

many thanks and best regards

Depending on your budget of course, I would recommend the new Pentax Star 16_50 2.8 lens. If you can't go that route, you may wish to get the 16-45 which I have presently and is excellent. If you wish to wait a bit check out the Pentax 17-70 lens as well. As for the kit lens..Can't really reply to your quiry. I don't own one.

Lilchilichoco
03-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Thanks ben for your reply. You have amazing shots!! Goes without saying I guess...:).

Do you make large prints of your shots from the K10d? If you do,upto what size? I have heard a lot about noise in K10d images as well as banding. Does it show up in your selective light shots where you have strong shadow areas?
In your shots,what ISO setting do you use?
I'll be very grateful if you can give me this information.

Many thanks and best regards

benjikan
03-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Thanks ben for your reply. You have amazing shots!! Goes without saying I guess...:).

Do you make large prints of your shots from the K10d? If you do,upto what size? I have heard a lot about noise in K10d images as well as banding. Does it show up in your selective light shots where you have strong shadow areas?
In your shots,what ISO setting do you use?
I'll be very grateful if you can give me this information.

Many thanks and best regards

I have not had any problems with banding. My shadow detail is rich and if shot at the correct iso there should not be a problem even at 1600 iso. I am shooting between 100-400 iso generally. Here is a sample from the K10D showing very dark sahdows and very bright highlights. The prints for my portfolio are in A3 format.

pas49ras
03-12-2007, 09:48 AM

Check out this thread ..it answers your question about the lenes..

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00DlMo&tag=

Lilchilichoco
03-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Thanks pas49ras.

Lilchilichoco
03-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Ben,thanks a ton. I think I'll wait for the new one. Which lenses give the best
results- fixed focal length or zoom?I like the pancake 21mm,and 70 mm. Or an 50-200 be good?

Thanks and best regards

benjikan
03-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Ben,thanks a ton. I think I'll wait for the new one. Which lenses give the best
results- fixed focal length or zoom?I like the pancake 21mm,and 70 mm. Or an 50-200 be good?

Thanks and best regards

I have no problem using zoom lenses if they are good. When I was using Canon I used the 17-40 L lens almost exclusively. I will be getting the 16-50 and 50-135 lenses. Apparently they will be very good. I used the 40mm Pancake lens exclusively for this "DIVA" shoot. Very nice lens. I rarely use long lenses...

Lilchilichoco
03-14-2007, 10:31 PM
Ben.....I am a pro's nightmare in terms of knowing about cams or lenses.....but I have pretty strong feeling that fixed lenses are better in terms of knowing what you are aiming at and what you will get.....a kind of stability....oh well!!! Maybe I got it all wrong. Some things I was wondering about....

1. what's the level of pp of the shots you finally let them print...huge....mid range.....some.....some don't need any....

2. do you make music....sing or only produce?

You must lead an exhausting (going by your posts) but a really satiating charmed life.......:)

Have a great day
best regards