PDA

View Full Version : Sony DSC-W1 input

saychzz
07-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Hello i'm a young colllege student in need of some advice from people with the W1.

after reading reviews from www.imaging-resource.com and dcresource i've narrowed my search for a 5M.P. camera down to the Sony DSC-W1 and the P100. after going to best buy i prefered to conservative feel of the W1 over the P100. and the W1 was priced at 379.00. Question, if i buy this sony cam online can i still get the 1 year warranty? most of my pictures will be at night at parties or taking shots of cars under streetlights how does the camera fair in low light areas from a consumer view. does aperature have anything to do with the quality of picture in low light setting. The W1 only has 2 settings i hear for the min and max aperature. Another Question do the Memory stick Pros' hold reg. pics or are they just for mpegs. Can the W1 take Pro sticks without an adapter? Also can someone post a chart of the DSC-W1 with the y-number of pics that can be taken vs. resolution. Also can i use the pics that the W1 gives me be used with Paint Shop Pro in another words is it compatible with PS Pro.

Sequoia225
08-04-2004, 04:59 PM
The 2 links (long ones) below are the specs pages for these 2 cameras.
My girlfriend was just at Best Buy deciding between these 2. They told us wrong info about the lens and the battery for these. They are not all that bright at Best Buy.
The only differences I could find with these are
1. Small size difference.
2. Weight difference of 5 grams
3. W1 has SLIGHTLY better flash range
4. W1 has bigger screen
5. W1 uses AA rechargeables and 100 uses Lithium.
Everyone wants to say lithium is better but in this case, theres a
whopping 20 picture difference in charge time and I think a 10 minute
difference in playback time bet. the 2 cameras. To me that means
Its just about cost of spare batteries (Costco sells 6 good rechargeables
for 20 bucks).
6. I think the 100 has a couple more scene modes
Thats about it for these. Otherwise they are the same. Look at the specs.

She bought the W1 opting for the larger screen.

If I didnt answer a specific question of yours, its cause I dont know the answer.
dave

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=0CB351B-5w53uBFvput97B9zm7pBiynN1aY=?CategoryName=dcc_DIDi gitalCameras_Cyber-shotDigitalCameras&Dept=dcc_DIDigitalCameras&TemplateName=item%2fsy_item_b&ProductSKU=DSCW1

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=0CB351B-5w53uBFvput97B9zm7pBiynN1aY=?CategoryName=dcc_DIDi gitalCameras_Cyber-shotDigitalCameras&Dept=dcc_DIDigitalCameras&TemplateName=item%2fsy_item_b&ProductSKU=DSCP100