PDA

View Full Version : Digital image resizing

dannekins
12-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Im a bit confused with the image size of digital photos.

I use a Konica/Minolta Dimage A2 which boasts an image sizes of over-A2 dimensions. When re-sampling in photoshop (image > imagesize > change resolution from 72 to 300) should the "Resample Image" checkbox be ticked?? I know this needs to be done to make a photo print-quality, but doing this reduces a large photo down to below-A4... what's the correct technique, if anyone can help me out...??

Thanks alot!!

jaykinghorn
12-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Im a bit confused with the image size of digital photos.

I use a Konica/Minolta Dimage A2 which boasts an image sizes of over-A2 dimensions. When re-sampling in photoshop (image > imagesize > change resolution from 72 to 300) should the "Resample Image" checkbox be ticked?? I know this needs to be done to make a photo print-quality, but doing this reduces a large photo down to below-A4... what's the correct technique, if anyone can help me out...??

Thanks alot!!

The preferred method is to leave the resample image checkbox unchecked. This preserves the pixel dimensions of the original image. (Notice that the fields displaying the image's width and height in pixels are grayed out.) Sometimes it is necessary to add or subtract pixels from an image. If you want to make an A4 print, for instance, and your camera doesn't capture enough pixels to reach A4 size at 240-300ppi, Photoshop can intelligently add pixels to reach your desired print size.

Best of luck,

Jay Kinghorn
RGB Imaging