PDA

View Full Version : White balance on K100D

MacBook
02-20-2007, 04:41 PM
I have read in more than one review about white balance problems with indoor lighting. Is this satisfactorily addressed by using a tungsten setting in the camera or do you require post-processing?

SpecialK
02-21-2007, 07:47 PM
The AWB only goes down to about 4000K per the specs. The tungsten setting is fine, however. Just remember to change it when you go outside or use flash. :-)

suemccartin
03-22-2007, 08:50 AM
I have the same issue on my 20d I haven't heard of a digital yet that can set a good white balance indoors 100% of the time. I use one of those round filter thingys that simulates the white card (name escapes me right now). I shoot a lot in a gym with flash thus mixed lighting issues, I put a green omnibounce on the flash (to get all the light closer to the same color) and shoot the frame for the white balance with the filter installed and pointed at a relatively light colored subject (in my case someone wearing a white karate gi) works well, used to have these HORRIBLE heavy yellow backgrounds, the custom white balance has fixed that to a great degree and I also found turning down saturation helped the issue too.