PDA

View Full Version : E-300 used at glamor shots

Gary24
02-20-2007, 05:11 AM
Yesterday my daughter attended her friends birthday party which was held at a Glamor Shots in the local mall. So of course I had to check out what the photographer was shooting with. He had an E-300 and was using 14-54 2.4-3.5 with a remote flash firing 2 studio strobes. I talked to him for a few minutes and told him I had the E-500 and he said they just bought 2 of them to use for out door events.

www.how-wood.com

Riley
02-20-2007, 05:25 AM
yep, a point made before, you can make money without blowing the budget on gear. The strobes should provide a 'reasonably' portable flat light source, with steady exposure results. The E-300 being dropped form the line in january, and the E-500 is about to go, there will be firesale prices on gear that is to be replaced. Not uncommon for a working photographer to be a generation behind in kit for those reasons.

cheers

Norm in Fujino
02-21-2007, 12:11 AM
Well, I just bought a near-mint (+/- 500 shutter actuations) E-1 for $450, and at that price I'm stoked (hasn't gotten here, yet; hopefully next week). It's a classic that's sure to be unavailable before long.

--I won't give up my "Edsel" (E-300), though. I still love it.