PDA

View Full Version : bright sunlight

kevin guest
02-12-2007, 02:08 PM
When photographing fishin bright sun light the colours get bleached out. Any one got any advise on how to avoid this (sometimes there just aint no shade).
As the fish have to be kept wet it causes a glistening affect, which hide the fishes true colours.
any help gratefully accepted.

regards

kev

gmtech79
02-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Maybe try a circular polarizer. Also might dialing in some -EV.
That's all I can think of, I sure someone will have some better ideas.

Canon PowerShot A540
02-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Well I Would Try A Faster Shutter Speed And See How It Comes Out. The Slower The Shutter Speed The More Light Is Taken In And Vice Versa. Another Thing You Can Try Is Changing Your ISO Settings. Please Keep In Mind I'm New To Photography And Have Been Doing This For Only A Few Months. I Hope That My Information Can Help You ;)

toriaj
02-12-2007, 08:30 PM
If your camera has a White Balance setting, try using the "Shade" one. It usually creates nicer colors for me. Also, you might try different shutter speeds/apertures if you have a tripod. And increasing saturation in PP can make a huge difference!

RJC
02-13-2007, 03:13 AM
Get a lens hood.

The bright ambient lighting may hitting the lens and getting reflected onto the sensors. Since the light is not coming from your subject, the photo quality suffers. Usually with poor contrast.

A quick fix is to cover the end of the barrel with your hand to block the sun. Just make sure your fingers arent in the frame.;)