PDA

View Full Version : canon powershot 90 is

kevin guest
02-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Hi all
i am completely new to this group and dont have a great deal of knowladge about photography either.
I recently brought the above camera, second hand, but it came without any software.
So i need to find some software to use with my pc.
I have downloaded a free piece of software ( i thinkits called cams4you) it works ok and i can get all my jpegs on to the pc ok, but not raw files.can any help?
I would like to be able to upload raw files to allow myself to try to manipulated them.(not that i know what im doing).
the cam is used mainly for self potraits whan fishing.

regards

kev

coldrain
02-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Like has been said to you in the other thread you posted in the wrong forum, just look on the manufacturers website.

Since I guess you have trouble doing so for whatever reason, I went and did it myself.

Now since I have done all the hard work, click on the link below and say thank you.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategoryid=356&modelid=8279

kevin guest
02-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Thanks for all your hard work in finding the canon web site for me (as i would never thought to have looked there)!!!!!
If you took the time to check out the canon sight you would see that they dont actually offer complete software downloads!!!
just updaters, and as i dont have the original softwarwe that aint much good, is it!!
But thanks all the same, i do believe that this web site is here to inable people to ask for advice, so why every one is so touchy i dont know!!!

regards

kev

TenD
02-12-2007, 04:19 PM
I haven't used Canon's software for years Breezebrowser from http://breezesys.comis a program that will display, convert, and proof etc. Raw files. It's not fancy but blows away Doombrowser, although I have to admit I haven't tried the newer versions of Canon's software.

coldrain
02-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks for all your hard work in finding the canon web site for me (as i would never thought to have looked there)!!!!!
If you took the time to check out the canon sight you would see that they dont actually offer complete software downloads!!!
just updaters, and as i dont have the original softwarwe that aint much good, is it!!
But thanks all the same, i do believe that this web site is here to inable people to ask for advice, so why every one is so touchy i dont know!!!

regards

kev

Well, if you would care to look again you will notice that the RAW convertor is not an updater... "Raw Image Converter v2.0.2 for Windows".

And that is not the only non-update available there either...

Let me/us know if that will work for you.

BowerR64
02-13-2007, 12:21 AM
That camera has to be the worst looking camera canon has ever built. It reminds me of that ugly minolta super zoom. Like a cross between a camcorder and a somthing from back to the future.

Its a good design to keep the lens from damage though. You never see any damaged on e-bay.

kevin guest
02-16-2007, 11:43 AM
Well, if you would care to look again you will notice that the RAW convertor is not an updater... "Raw Image Converter v2.0.2 for Windows".

And that is not the only non-update available there either...

Let me/us know if that will work for you.

Hi again didnt see that raw program on there thatnks a million

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

SilentBob
02-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Click on Drivers/Software in the link coldrain posted

I believe the Raw Image Converter v2.0.2 for Windows is there. :)

kevin guest
02-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Hi bob

thanks for the pointer, I ment i hadnt seen it on there when i looked tohe first time. blinded by my anger and frustration i expect.
Most of the progams on there were just updaters, and i wanted full versions. a prog to down load and convert RAW images and software to manipulates both raw and jpegs.
but at least i can now see the raw images that i have taken and stored.

many thanks to you all (that means you to cold drain) i mean coldrain!!!!!

kev