PDA

View Full Version : Lens

lovephotography
02-08-2007, 02:25 PM
I am about to purchase the K10D, unfortunately I can not get the 16-45 lens that I want until at least summer (canada). Can anyone suggest a lens close to the 16-45? Any help will be appreciated!

CptOfGondor
02-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Is money an issue here?

If it is and this is for mostly a hobby for you then maybe you could consider a K100D instead or even a K110D. The money you save of the price differences between the two camera bodies can easily fetch you the DA 16-45mm f4.

If you insist on a K10D, then maybe settle with the DA 18-55mm kit for now. Its pretty good for a kit lens (I have the Samsung branded one) and for your money, its probably the most 'wide' angle you can get for the K10D.

You should also look at the many Pentax K Mount lenses out there. Most of these can be easily had for under $100. (especially third party manual K-Mount)

SpecialK
02-08-2007, 09:06 PM
If you want to spend money now, Sigma makes a few 17/18-50/70 f2.8 types for about $375, and Tamron has some as well. Obviously there are cheaper variations as well, but why spend that money if you are going to replace it in only a few months?

Unless you have gobs of money, I'd stick with the kit lens for now. It covers essentially the same range, and you will be able to learn the camera and be set when you can get the 16-45.

Finally, I'm not sure how much better the 16-45 is over the other choices, and it will cost the same after the rebate is over before summer starts.