PDA

View Full Version : When is it best to..

Stargazer79
02-06-2007, 07:10 PM
use Macro? Ok i know most of you are probably thinking if I'm serious about the question, but I am. What exactly is it and what particular objects should be photographed using it? I've never used it although my lens on my 35mm SLR has that option.

thanks in advance :)

Honest Gaza
02-06-2007, 08:03 PM
When you want something shown in great detail that might normally be unnoticeable to the human eye.

eg. Insects, Vein system through a leaf, Hands of a Watch Face etc.

This may not be possible by using the basic "macro" setting of a camera (which may be represented by a flower symbol). Additional/particular lenses may be required.

Just click on the various macro threads that have been posted to get some ideas.

Stargazer79
02-06-2007, 08:36 PM
When you want something shown in great detail that might normally be unnoticeable to the human eye.

eg. Insects, Vein system through a leaf, Hands of a Watch Face etc.

This may not be possible by using the basic "macro" setting of a camera (which may be represented by a flower symbol). Additional/particular lenses may be required.

Just click on the various macro threads that have been posted to get some ideas.

Thanks gaza :) I will do just that. Just thought I'd ask here to see what you guys had to say.

steph

sla
02-07-2007, 03:09 AM
Hi
What could you imagine to be closer to you than about 0,5m? Almost anything - an insect, a flower, a leaf, a stone, a funny toy, christmas tree decoration, your friend's eye, her beautiful necklace, an old photo, a business chart for your graduate work, an interesting ticket to a-ha concert, shining door-knob... and much much more ;)
But it is not obligatory to use macro. ;) If you don't find anything of it interesting, just dont shot.
regards