PDA

View Full Version : Rotate pictures. Orientation.

Phylis Sophical
02-06-2007, 12:46 PM
I have a Casio Exilim 7.2mp EX-Z70.

On my older Kodak digital camera, when I download, then viewed pics, those taken w. the camera held sideways would be changed to the right orientation.

Such is not the case with this Casio. I have found an option to rotate the pictures while on the camera. Viewing the downloaded pics in XnView, the orientation is correct.

But if I send the pic via email, using the right click menu, the emailed pics are changed back to the original orientation so the pic shows up sideways in emails. This also happens when loading the picture into MS Publisher.

Is there anything I can change in the camera to have them download with the proper orientation? Or a way to correct the email pics?

sla
02-26-2007, 02:58 AM
Hi
I use freeware Irfan View to watch photos. It has a "JPG losless operations feature" including rotating. The program automatically saves rotated photo, witout losing quality (if you use normal "rotate and save", you lose quality).
But I suppose I know what you mean. I also use Picasa and it also has "rotating" feature. But it "works" only when viewing this particular photo in Picasa. Unless you use "save" or "save to..." - then the saved picture is rotated, for good.
regards
s.