PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Shake Tripod

Karl Rove
01-27-2007, 09:27 PM
This is actually a video camera accessory question. I am planning a trip where I'll be driving a scooter. For a period of time I would like to film my journey from the perspective of the driver so I'd like to attach a camcorder to the handle of the scooter and leave it running for a while. Is there such a thing as an anti-shake tripod? Something with a lot of...(what is that thing on cars that keeps the passengers from bouncing around when the car goes over bumps?).

Thanks for any feedback

Karl

kgosden
01-28-2007, 10:00 AM
There are several gyro stabilized camera mounts out there. I believe that http://www.ken-lab.com/stabilizers.html is one of the most popular. They ar not cheap, but they will rent them for $2-300 per week.

SpecialK
02-02-2007, 11:03 PM
(what is that thing on cars that keeps the passengers from bouncing around when the car goes over bumps?).

Seatbelts?

Seriously, I think a "helmet cam" (like sky divers wear) would provide a lot smoother image than mounted on the handlebars, because you would absorb much of the vibration.

Rhys
02-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Don't most camcorders have built-in image stabilisation?

Karl Rove
02-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Seatbelts?

Seriously, I think a "helmet cam" (like sky divers wear) would provide a lot smoother image than mounted on the handlebars, because you would absorb much of the vibration.

lol

Well I guess it does sound stupid as I go back and read what I said again. I think shock absorbers is what I was looking for.

I looked into helmet cams for the very reason you mention and found nothing really made for camcorders, even small ones. We're re-thinking the use of a scooter anyway. Will probably change our minds again before we go.

I don't think image-stabilization would work for hitting potholes. I should test it.

Thanks