PDA

View Full Version : Pentax K10D firmware update

ARP
01-27-2007, 01:51 PM
It looks like pentax release a new firmware update that addresses some of the streaks/lines that some people are experiencing with high ISO photos. I'm interested in how well it works (or if you even had trouble with lines in the first place). Thanks

Joe Davis
02-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Have you installed it yet? Can you notice a difference?

SpecialK
02-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Big thread at DPReview about streaks/banding/noise. Frankly, the few sample "problem images" seemed grossly underexposed and pushed at high ISO equivalents. Someone reported the firmware was not a fix. Some people are "upgrading" the the K100D which (supposedly) has better high-ISO perfomance. Now, that's funny.

doctorjerry
02-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Big thread at DPReview about streaks/banding/noise. Frankly, the few sample "problem images" seemed grossly underexposed and pushed at high ISO equivalents. Someone reported the firmware was not a fix. Some people are "upgrading" the the K100D which (supposedly) has better high-ISO perfomance. Now, that's funny.

I did the update without any problem. I never had a problem until a week before the update was released. I then noticed some banding at very high ISO. I had done this type of exposure before but never noticed the banding. Have not seen it since the update.

This is one fantastic camera.