PDA

View Full Version : Printing zoom shots from the A630

RussL
01-22-2007, 07:57 AM
Is there a way to zoom in a shot on the A630 and print THAT picture directly? The reason I ask is that when I download from the camera to my PC and then try to zoom in on a photo, it looks blurry. But when I zoom in on the camera it looks clear as day.

Thanks!
Russ

X-SOFT
01-22-2007, 08:36 AM
when you zoom in the camera you do it opticaly.
i mean, in the lcd, there is about 10% of the zoom, thus when you zoom in the image, in the pc, it's already 100% so when you zoom, it digitaly zoom's the image thus there is a blur..

David Metsky
01-22-2007, 09:32 AM
What software are you using on your computer? You can get significantly better results on the computer then in camera, so the problem is likely the software you are using or the way you are using it.

So, what software are you using and how exactly (what steps) do you use to zoom in. Most likley, you're doing something bad with resampling that is throwing away most of the pixels.

Also, everything looks good on that tiny LCD screen. That's no guaranty that the image is sharp and clear. You really need to look on the computer to be sure what it looks like. This is all assuming that you are taking photos, then zooming in on review to look at details.

-dave-

RussL
01-22-2007, 09:39 AM
I am using Paint Shop Pro do zoom in for a closer shot.

Russ

bascom
01-22-2007, 11:10 AM
I thought it was because the camera LCD is only 2.5" which is much smaller than the PC which is 15"-20" likley. You won't see blurry details on the small LCD that you see on the big PC or print. But I think X-SOFT gave the better answer.

David Metsky
01-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Can you post a sample shot for us to look at?

I'm still not exactly sure what the problem is. Do you want to simulate the optical zoom by cropping the image once you get it in the camera? If that's the case, the optical zoom will be crisper due to the fact that it has more information. Cropping is throwing away pixels.

Or are you taking a shot, then while reviewing the image use the digital zoom to examine the shot on the LCD and it looks clear. When you get it to your computer you zoom in (on a big screen) and things look blurry. In that case, the problem is that the image isn't clear, but the tiny LCD is masking the problem.

-dave-

RussL
01-24-2007, 08:45 AM
I think I know my problem. The objects I am trying to take may be to far away to get a clear picture. Anyone know or recommend a good telephoto lens for a A630?

Thanks!
Russ

lathe
01-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Anyone know or recommend a good telephoto lens for a A630?

There are a few threads on this. Check out http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26744 for starters.