PDA

View Full Version : whats the olympus c-60z really like

midge
12-04-2004, 03:06 PM
hi folks,i`m looking to buy a camera for my hubby.he is a very keen amateur and currently uses a canon slr,however now he`s into computers he fancys a digital,so, i want to get him one for christmas.
i now nothing about them but liked the look of the c-60z.he wants a zoom lens,he takes general snapshots,landscapes and sport pics,he will shoot morning noon and night pics also.
i have read reviews of this camera and have been left very confused.some like it others hate it.have any of you used / owned one? would you reccommend it for a 1st dig cam,is it good or not.please advise as i don`t want egg on my face on xmas mornin by having purchased a camera which does not live up to its name or price tag(£399) in n.ireland.
cheers midge

s70rmp
12-05-2004, 11:45 AM
Hi

I bought my C-60 a couple of months ago and I think it's brilliant
have taken it different motorsport events (rallies, days of thunder etc..)
and the pictures it tales a stunning.
One of the main reasons I got it was it's simple to use.
Took it away to New England for 3 weeks, and the colours it picks up are amazing.

I have seen the C-60 on sale for £209 ! I paid £264.
XD cards have come down in price.
now thats the only problem I have with the camera, it seems to take ages to boot up if you have a large Xd card in.
But I have recommended it to a few people and out of 3 of them have bought and are very happy with it.

it's a top notch camera.

s70rmp
12-05-2004, 11:47 AM
just seen it for £198 !!!!!!

http://www.buyacamera.co.uk/xsearch.asp?RecId=OLYCA310&pt=k