PDA

View Full Version : Lens adapters

dino1
01-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Just recieved my K100D today (to late to do some test pics) And have just gone through the manual to establish some basic settngs.
The main reason for going with Pentax is that I have some nice 35 year old screw thread Pentax glass. Namely a f1.4 50mm plus a couple of f2 55's also a f2.5 135mm and I think a 200mm which I can't put my hand on at the moment.
Having gone through the manual I can find no reference to using screw thread lenses. I do realise these would have to be used manually.
I have a PK to 42mm screw adapter but it is obvious that if I fit this to the camera body it will very effectively short out the lens pickup contacts on the camera lens throat.
I have tried the adapter on the camera but with the batteries removed and as it is a genuine Pentax part the fit is perfect.
Be gratefull for some help here please.
I apologise it this has been covered before on this or one if the other forums

CptOfGondor
01-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Nice Screwmount lenses! Nono, they will not 'short out' your KAF mount contacts. I've used non branded adapters, reverse macros rings, no problem.

I had the same problem when I was considering a Pentax Digital SLR when a store demo refused to shoot with my SMC M 50mm f2 mounted.

I found out later from the very helpful folks on this forum that you must go into your Menu. Find custom settings and run down the list.

Using Apering Ring > Set this to "Permitted"

FI with S Lens > Set this to "Availible" (Focus Indication with Screwmount Lens)

You'll have to shoot on the Manual Exposure mode as old screwmount and K-M lenses have no program capability.

Hope that helps!

dino1
01-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the info.
I expect I would have found the correct settings if I had persevered with the manual and the menus.
Will have a go with some elderly glass tommorow.
dino1