PDA

View Full Version : C8080 burnt Pixel

giuseppe
12-03-2004, 08:26 AM
I bought today an Olympus 8080: it's my first serious digital camera. But I found, taking a picture with the cap mounted, 2 burnt pixel: I see 2 white dot inside the picture, viewing it on my laptop screen.
I have no experience about this: does it happen often with digital cameras? Is there a minimum number of burnt pixels allowed by the manufacturer's or market's policy? Should the dealer change the camera with a new one?
Any helps will be extremely appreciated
Giuseppe

eyusuf
12-03-2004, 07:39 PM
wow sorry to hear you have an unpleasant experience with your first serious camera. why don't you bring the camera back to the store where you bought it and explain the situation to them. i'm not you'll be able to exchange the camera with the one with no dead pixels. good luck.
eddy.

Jim Last
12-04-2004, 02:11 AM
I bought today an Olympus 8080: it's my first serious digital camera. But I found, taking a picture with the cap mounted, 2 burnt pixel: I see 2 white dot inside the picture, viewing it on my laptop screen.
I have no experience about this: does it happen often with digital cameras? Is there a minimum number of burnt pixels allowed by the manufacturer's or market's policy? Should the dealer change the camera with a new one?
Any helps will be extremely appreciated
Giuseppe

You should have no issues with returning the camera for a replacement, most reputable camera stores will fully understand your concers with teh pixels