PDA

View Full Version : Touch Up help

fractalgfx
01-02-2007, 04:38 PM
I need some advice as about removing these small green mold patches in one of my photo's. I got great results with the Pixel (http://www.kanzelsberger.com/pixel/?page_id=12) image editor , but have have not been able to get the same result as easily with my demos of Paint Shop Pro, CS2, or my ancient copy of Corel Photo-Paint.

The second image was created with two clicks with the Pixel editor by applying the desataruate brush to the the green channel. What is the easiest way to do this in Photoshop or PSP?

kgosden
01-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Huh? Which image below? Is one the original and the other 'after'? I am having a very hard time discerning the difference and what area you are working on. A little annotation on one image might help here. It is not clear from the text or photos if you are trying to eliminate something green or enhance it.

fractalgfx
01-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Sorry I was in a rush out when I made my post, I have edited to be more clear.

kgosden
01-03-2007, 05:34 AM
In Photoshop you could use the Select/Color Range option. Then just use the eye dropper tool to select a color similar to the one you want to modify. Use the Fuzziness slider to adjust the range of similar colors to include. Once selected use Image/Adjustments/Desaturate to go gray. I am sure there are other choices as there is rarely one way to an end in PS. Below are before and after images where I selected on some part of the leaves and set the fuzziness to the mid 50's.

fractalgfx
01-03-2007, 08:02 AM
In Photoshop you could use the Select/Color Range option. Then just use the eye dropper tool to select a color similar to the one you want to modify. Use the Fuzziness slider to adjust the range of similar colors to include. Once selected use Image/Adjustments/Desaturate to go gray. I am sure there are other choices as there is rarely one way to an end in PS. Below are before and after images where I selected on some part of the leaves and set the fuzziness to the mid 50's.

Thanks, but I'm looking for a way to preserve the other colors.

kgosden
01-03-2007, 10:46 AM
"I'm looking for a way to preserve the other colors." Based on this removing the green channel or desaturating it would seem to not make sense. Since the individual channels are the components of the displayed colors removing one of the RGB components would make the display of colors containing a mix of them shift color. You cannot make a full range of colors from just the red and blue components.

The select color range option allows you to more precisely target a particular color value. The fuzziness lets you adjust the width of that selection. By selecting less color range there is little impact on similar greens.

GaryS
01-03-2007, 11:55 AM
In Photoshop Elements (similar to Photoshop CS), you would do it similar to the way you originally described. Open the Hue/Saturation dialog, change the channel dropdown to 'green', then use the eye-dropper to pick the green you want to eliminate. Then move the saturation slider down until you get what you want.

You can be more specific by first roughly selecting the area you are focusing on...