PDA

View Full Version : If you had a super wide lens...

Jeff Keller
12-01-2004, 11:53 PM
Today I got the Canon EF-S 10-22 mm lens for the EOS-20D. I want to take some pictures that can show it off. Any suggestions for pictures that need something this wide-angle?

D70FAN
12-02-2004, 05:29 AM
Today I got the Canon EF-S 10-22 mm lens for the EOS-20D. I want to take some pictures that can show it off. Any suggestions for pictures that need something this wide-angle?

A bathroom... or the Grand Canyon. Send the lens and the camera and I'll send you pictures of both... ;).

Seriously, a shot of the bay bridge from Alcatraz or Alameda might be impressive, as you should be able to see both the full suspension span and the cantilever span. Quite a pano for a single shot.

Rhys
12-02-2004, 07:55 AM
How about the intereor of a church or the doorway and steps of a church. Such a lens would be sought after by wedding photographers and estate agents.

Remus
12-03-2004, 04:04 PM
I'd think indoor shots are really cool with wide-angle lenses, how you can see much of three walls of the four walls of a room, or how you can see straight ahead AND also lines converging towards the ceiling... so yeah, a church would be a good idea, or a big library, or any building with a big foyer or a big room.

City-scapes are cool too, especially at night. You're in the Bay Area? Go to Treasure Island at night and take a picture of the city. It's awesome.

Remus
http://digitalcameraguide.blogspot.com

Jeff Keller
12-03-2004, 04:28 PM
City-scapes are cool too, especially at night. You're in the Bay Area? Go to Treasure Island at night and take a picture of the city. It's awesome.

Somebody hasn't looked very closely at the night shots in my reviews :D

Remus
12-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Yes, I know it's one of THE standard shots you guys do. It's nice, though...

And I'm a Stanford student, so lots of the Picture Galley images on the reviews look very familiar.

D70FAN
12-03-2004, 06:45 PM
Yes, I know it's one of THE standard shots you guys do. It's nice, though...

And I'm a Stanford student, so lots of the Picture Galley images on the reviews look very familiar.

Ah..... ;)