PDA

View Full Version : Pentax Optio 750Z

retinaman
12-01-2004, 07:53 PM
Anyone out there who owns this camera and how satisfied are you with it's performance? I am considering buying one but very little info on it.

ChrisC
12-29-2004, 10:39 PM
Anyone out there who owns this camera and how satisfied are you with it's performance? I am considering buying one but very little info on it.
I purchased mine a few weeks ago (my first digicam) and am very happy with it. While there is a small amount of distortion (which is to be expected from a compact 5x zoom), I haven't had any vignetting, and very little purple fringing. I certainly haven't had any of the major issues that DPReview had about it. Movie mode and macro modes are great, and my night shots have all turned out really well.

On the negatives, focussing sometimes seems a bit hit and miss (sometimes because I get too close to the subject and forget to put it into macro mode), and images are a little bit noisy, but neither of these have caused me any great headaches at all.

It is only my first digital camera (also have a Pentax 35mm SLR, though) but I love this little baby. Got my first prints the other day and the images were crisp, with great colour and definition. The noise wasn't noticeable at all.

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers,
Chris