PDA

View Full Version : Lasso the moon

toriaj
12-03-2006, 07:54 PM
What do you think of this shot?

Do you think it would be better if I moved the moon to the upper right? How do I do that? (I have Paint Shop Pro, but I think I could figure it out from PS directions)

C&C, examples and edits welcome.

D Thompson
12-03-2006, 09:29 PM
What do you think of this shot? Do you think it would be better if I moved the moon to the upper right? How do I do that? (I have Paint Shop Pro, but I think I could figure it out from PS directions)

C&C, examples and edits welcome.

Files a little small to do much with, but here is a quick edit to see if you like the moon in the upper right. IMO, it does look better in that position. Nice shot, tho the church is a little dark.

This was done in CS2. Curves adjustment to bring out the church a little and add a little more contrast. Selected the moon, copied to a new layer, and moved it to the upper right. Placed a layer mask to blend in a little better. I also ran a slight curves on this layer to bring out contrast in the moon. Cloned over the original moon. Merged the new moon layer and then ran a shadow/highlights adjustment to bring out the church just a bit more.

Thanks for sharing.

toriaj
12-04-2006, 12:12 AM
That does look better! Thanks!