PDA

View Full Version : What do you guy's think of this tripod

Quick Cal
11-29-2004, 02:08 PM
Hi all. I'm a newbie to the camera world. I'm trying to get the good stuff first time around. I just picked up a Panasonic FZ20. Now I'm in the market for a tripod. Have any of you seen or used the one below. What really attract's me to it is the way you can put the camera on the bottom of the center post. Are other tripod's like that. Like I said, I'm a newbie so take it easy on me. :o Cal

tripod (http://www.amvona.com/v7/shop/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=1624)

John_Reed
11-29-2004, 02:43 PM
Hi all. I'm a newbie to the camera world. I'm trying to get the good stuff first time around. I just picked up a Panasonic FZ20. Now I'm in the market for a tripod. Have any of you seen or used the one below. What really attract's me to it is the way you can put the camera on the bottom of the center post. Are other tripod's like that. Like I said, I'm a newbie so take it easy on me. :o Cal

tripod (http://www.amvona.com/v7/shop/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=1624)My first question is, what kind of shots will you be taking? I may be asking that out of ignorance; I have an FZ10, and I rarely use a tripod, and then only for night scenes. I'm just surprised that you'd be rushing to get a tripod for a camera that has a "digital tripod" (image stabilizer) built in? :confused:

Rhys
11-29-2004, 06:29 PM
I have a pocket tripod which I use slightly more often than the Cobra tripod I hardly ever use.

Quick Cal
11-30-2004, 10:05 AM
My first question is, what kind of shots will you be taking? I may be asking that out of ignorance; I have an FZ10, and I rarely use a tripod, and then only for night scenes. I'm just surprised that you'd be rushing to get a tripod for a camera that has a "digital tripod" (image stabilizer) built in? :confused:

Truthfully John, I don't know exactly what kind of shot's I will be taking. Being new to the photo world, I think I want to expieriment with everything. :) However, two instance's do come to mind. Family portrait's, with me included :eek: , and macro. Also, my mom asked me what I wanted for christmas, and I thought a tripod would be nice.

Also, from the little bit of expeirementing I've done in maual focus, I can't seem to take a pic without it being all blury. I seem to have not so steady hand's. :rolleyes:

I don't know if you looked at the link, but as I said before, what I liked about this tripod is the ability to attach the camera to the bottom. You can see it if you click on the square's just below the pic. I don't know if other tripod's are like that, but that just seemed neat to me. Cal

John_Reed
11-30-2004, 10:35 AM
Truthfully John, I don't know exactly what kind of shot's I will be taking. Being new to the photo world, I think I want to expieriment with everything. :) However, two instance's do come to mind. Family portrait's, with me included :eek: , and macro. Also, my mom asked me what I wanted for christmas, and I thought a tripod would be nice.

Also, from the little bit of expeirementing I've done in maual focus, I can't seem to take a pic without it being all blury. I seem to have not so steady hand's. :rolleyes:

I don't know if you looked at the link, but as I said before, what I liked about this tripod is the ability to attach the camera to the bottom. You can see it if you click on the square's just below the pic. I don't know if other tripod's are like that, but that just seemed neat to me. CalI did look at the link, actually. I don't know how you're holding the camera as you shoot, but I've found that using the eyepiece (EVF) rather than the display (LCD) helps stabilize the camera a lot. Using the eyepiece, your hands tend to be locked against your face (I wear eyeglasses, too), and it makes for a nice steady shooting platform. When you're shooting with Manual focus, do you have the "focus assist" feature engaged? Check that out through the manual. You might also play around with different stabilizer modes. Many people recommend "Mode 2," but "Mode 1" helps to stabilize the image before you actually snap the shot, which calms the whole process sometimes. Keep on trying! :)

dstover
08-08-2005, 07:27 PM
I purchased a photo digital video Tungsten light kit by Dynasphos (their brand) and an Umbrella Soft box from this company in July 2005 on eBay. Along with this order, I paid an additional $15 for rush shipping so that my order would be shipped within 24 hours. After 48 hours from the order time, I called to get my tracking number. The customer service person told me that the light kit was backordered and that they did not know when they would get more light kits in and that I would just have to wait. 3 weeks had finally gone by without correspondence from Amvona.com. I called the company and the lady that answered the phone said, "I don't know why they have not shipped your product, this is very strange. I will personally make sure that the products are shipped tomorrow." I had put in a negative rating on eBay because of this problem. I received a phone call from "Matthew - General Manager" saying that he understood that I put in a negative rating on eBay. He told me that unless I removed the rating, I would not receive the product. I have not removed the rating and he has now put a stop shipment order in with FedEx and will not ship the product to me. Don't ever do business with a company that is as dishonest as Amvona.com.

SamPhilly
08-09-2005, 09:31 AM
First, besides the compliant above. I think you are looking for a tripod with a reversible center column? Many tripods have that feature. Also, you need to consider the weight. The one you mentioned is heavy. It also depends on your budget. I just picked up a biogen 714b for under a $100 with shipping, so far it's doing a great job for me. I also suffered from blurry shots, I just couldn't take a steady shot no matter what I did. Good luck on your quest!