PDA

View Full Version : Sony DSC W1

Roon
11-28-2004, 10:02 PM
I have been researching new point and shoot cameras - specifically smaller ones such as the Nikon 5200 and the Canon A95 (although not as small as I would like). I have not heard too much on the Sony DSC W1. Anyone have any comments about it? Is it as high of quality as the Nikon 5200?

smarter_child
11-29-2004, 04:29 PM
I have been researching new point and shoot cameras - specifically smaller ones such as the Nikon 5200 and the Canon A95 (although not as small as I would like). I have not heard too much on the Sony DSC W1. Anyone have any comments about it? Is it as high of quality as the Nikon 5200?
The Canon A95 produces very good images and performs respectably, if not remarkably well. In terms of image quality, I'd recommend the A95 over the Sony and Nikon that you mentioned.

Between the Sony and Nikon, I think the Nikon 5200 is probably a bit better in terms of images. The Nikon is pretty small, too, and my friend who has it seems to like it a lot.

Roon
11-30-2004, 08:52 AM
thanks smarter child. i have looked at the nikon and like it too. i am just compelled to look at the sony based on the construction of it and the large display...but if the quality is horrible, there is no sense in buying the camera.

Remus
12-03-2004, 04:15 PM
Does the Nikon have manual exposure controls? I don't think it does. This to me would put the W1 at a clear advantage. It also has a bigger screen, and is powered by AAs (or by rechargeable NiMH batteries if you prefer). Its images ARE a tad moisier, though, than the Nikon's.

Then, there are the Canon A95 and Fuji E510, which are also comparable, and very sharp. I'd recommend checking those out.

Remus
http://digitalcameraguide.blogspot.com