PDA

View Full Version : Here's 2 from my K10D.

Peleg
11-26-2006, 10:14 PM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g29/Peleg/Lazymoose.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g29/Peleg/IMGP0269.jpg

Vich
11-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Are these PP, particularly color balance? 2nd looks a bit cool and maybe pushed levels. Nice capture on 1st. Is that out your door or did you go hunting for that shot?

KAFman
11-26-2006, 11:58 PM
The first one is very spectacular.

PP info is also interesting to me too.

Peleg
11-27-2006, 12:06 AM
...PPed using Adobe Lightroom. A little Vibrance and Saturation as well as bringing out the darks a bit. I also sharpened it. I shot them in RAW DNG and converted them to JPEGs after fiddling w/ them.

The 2nd one looks cold cuz it was! It was about 5 degrees when I shot it. The original was very blue/cool looking. A little too much for my taste.

Razr
12-03-2006, 06:48 AM
...PPed using Adobe Lightroom. A little Vibrance and Saturation as well as bringing out the darks a bit. I also sharpened it. I shot them in RAW DNG and converted them to JPEGs after fiddling w/ them.

The 2nd one looks cold cuz it was! It was about 5 degrees when I shot it. The original was very blue/cool looking. A little too much for my taste.But that is the way it looks in real life, the blue sky being reflected in the shadows in the bright white snow, which also accounts for the other excess blue in the shot.

That image must have been shot at 6,800 to 7,000 degrees Kelvin, "cool" and blue by any standard.
That shot also cries out for a carefully chosen CC filter, since it proves once and for all digital or PP cannot do everything.

Peleg
12-06-2006, 01:26 AM
...and it's something I struggle w/. Some PP is necessary to bring the pic back to the original look of the subject photographed. Colors and such can be lost by the camera. Then again it can be good to just leave it alone while other times one can really make a gorgeous photo w/ some tinkering. I always try and make the best photo I can when I take the picture and not depend on PP. I find that PP just brings out a little "eye popping". Balancing all this is the challenge.