PDA

View Full Version : Really OT... logging into hotmail...

24Peter
11-17-2006, 07:21 AM
sorry to be so far OT, but has anyone else had trouble logging into their hotmail account, today esp. but over the past few days? Something about Windows Live ID (more crap from MS to be sure.)

Update: must be some problem with their server. seems to be working now...

cdifoto
11-17-2006, 07:44 AM
I use Outlook to access all of my emails but I've noticed at times it'll download the emails, but still show me an error message for hotmail. Not sure what that's all about. Could be related to your own login issues.

Rhys
11-17-2006, 08:30 AM
No problem with hotmail. Mind, I don't use windows live.

24Peter
11-17-2006, 08:45 AM
No problem with hotmail. Mind, I don't use windows live.

I didn't think I was either. But apparently installing IE7 automatically put me there!? Of course, it could be because I uninstalled IE7 that now hotmail isn't working properly. Actually IE6 no longer works like it used to after uninstalling IE7 so that could be the problem. IMHO IE7 was a step backwards - but why am I surprised? :rolleyes:

cdifoto
11-17-2006, 08:50 AM
I didn't think I was either. But apparently installing IE7 automatically put me there!? Of course, it could be because I uninstalled IE7 that now hotmail isn't working properly. Actually IE6 no longer works like it used to after uninstalling IE7 so that could be the problem. IMHO IE7 was a step backwards - but why am I surprised? :rolleyes:

I'm only using IE at all because this laptop is borrowed from a local library. It's locked down to the point I can't install anything on it at all - so FireFox or Netscape aren't an option. So I'm stick with IE. Fortunately? it's IE6 and not 7. I mistakenly updated my desktop with IE7 but don't use it except to check browser compatibilities when I fudge with my websites. Just like to make sure it all jives. Any other time I'm on FireFox, Netscape, and/or Opera.

IE7 just...well sucks.

forno
11-17-2006, 01:19 PM
:D :D :D
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~yke/photoqual/results/apple/Apple-Olivier_-4601.jpg

adam75south
11-17-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm only using IE at all because this laptop is borrowed from a local library. It's locked down to the point I can't install anything on it at all - so FireFox or Netscape aren't an option. So I'm stick with IE. Fortunately? it's IE6 and not 7. I mistakenly updated my desktop with IE7 but don't use it except to check browser compatibilities when I fudge with my websites. Just like to make sure it all jives. Any other time I'm on FireFox, Netscape, and/or Opera.

IE7 just...well sucks.
firefox all the way. i love it. and i love the extensions you can add. i have the one where it says the weather at the bottom, there's one where you can open the page with IE by just pushing a button if it doesn't work right in firefox. awesome program...and lets not forget tabbed browsing.

toriaj
11-17-2006, 05:26 PM
...and lets not forget tabbed browsing.

Tabbed browsing is actually the only thing I like better about IE7. I'm no pro to say the least. But I used to open up a new window for every forum post I read here. The tabs make it much nicer!! I like it enough that IE7 is worth it. But it does seem to freeze much more often and take longer to load.

RichNY
11-17-2006, 06:21 PM
:D :D :D

I concur with ya!

jwhite
11-17-2006, 08:59 PM
sorry to be so far OT, but has anyone else had trouble logging into their hotmail account, today esp. but over the past few days? Something about Windows Live ID (more crap from MS to be sure.)

Update: must be some problem with their server. seems to be working now...

ummmm.....use gmail!! :D

Rhys
11-18-2006, 08:01 AM
Yahoo email?

Actually, I have the latest IE on my laptop but as I only use Firefox I haven't a clue whether it works or not.

My desktop is elderly and runs win98 so IE7 isn't available. Again I use firefox.

JMBZ71
11-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Tried Hotmail... didn't care for it. Found it aggravatingly slow at times. That was a couple of years ago though; maybe they've improved it since. Been using GMail since then - no complaints at all; it works well.

JMB

Merlin
11-18-2006, 04:13 PM
I don't think I've ever used hotmail for anything other than 'test accounts', eg. signing up to a site to see if it will spam me or not. Used ISP email for a long time, then about 2-3 years ago I switched to Gmail, haven't looked back. :p

And gosh! What have they done with FF 2.0?!?! IMO the new GUI looks horrible, and the new 'x' button on every tab was just so annoying, until I figured out how to change it back (http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2006/10/firefox-2-tweaks-tab-browsing/). But still, much better than IE7 imo. IE7 feel very 'laggy' especially when opening new tabs.

But yeah, gmail, Gotta love it: "You are currently using 120 MB (4%) of your 2785 MB."