PDA

View Full Version : Purchase Help please?

Masshu
07-25-2004, 01:24 PM
I am off on a trip to L.A. in October which sparked me to get a new Camera. I had a cybershot for some time now and want to step up with this purchase. My price range falls in the $500ish area, maybe a bit more for something worthy. I am not interested in size, color, weight, bundle, etc. What I want to do is take the very best quaility pictures humanly possible within that price range. I love low light shots as well such as night shots. If anyone has any great suggestions please let me know and in the mean time I will continue my journey through 100's of reviews hehehe. Thanks alot for all your help.

*edit* just bumped max $$ to $600, and what does anyone think about the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20? When is it due out?

John_Reed
07-25-2004, 05:06 PM
I am off on a trip to L.A. in October which sparked me to get a new Camera...*edit* just bumped max $$ to $600, and what does anyone think about the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20? When is it due out?
Personally, the new FZ20 looks pretty attractive to me, with improved speed over my FZ10, more pixels as well, and maybe a friendlier grip. It would be good to see a professional review of a production model, which should be soon in coming. As to whether you could get one before October, I have no idea as to actual product availability dates. The FZ10 itself is no slouch, though, and the coming emergence of the FZ20 may cause FZ10 prices to come down, a good thing too. You can see some FZ10 low-light shots in the "Panasonic" section of this forum, if you're interested.

Masshu
07-29-2004, 07:12 PM
Thank you, I will go take some looks now. I very much appreciate the advice.