PDA

View Full Version : Dimage A1 "Unable to use card" error

toddnorris
11-12-2006, 09:21 AM
I am getting an Unable to Use Card error when I turn on my Dimage A1. I have had the camera for a couple of years and it has worked great. I have had to replace a card before when it went bad, but this seems to be a slightle different message and problem. I have replaced the card. I have formatted the card to FAT format on my computer (not FAT32) and still no luck. I know Sony is doing the support and repair for these cameras now, but I am looking for any insight into what I might try to fix this myself. I guess the next step is to send it off to Sony if no on here can help.

Thanks

CameraTech
11-20-2006, 07:12 PM
If the problem is occurring with different memory cards, then the problem may be with the card reader. Damage to card reader pins is a common occurrence with CF card readers and can cause the type of error message you're seeing. Look inside the memory card slot and see if any of the pins look bent.

effgjamis
11-28-2006, 06:07 AM
I found that by using a different minolta digital camera, an early model, to format the CF card it worked for me...

I used a minolta 1500 ex to format for the Dimage ... I have not had any bad card problems with the 7D, and I am using the same cards as I used on the previous camera's..

hope this helps

eff

c_a_s_a_n_o_v_a
03-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Put the card into a card reader and right click on the appropriate drive containing the card within "My Computer".

Right click and select "Format". HOWEVER:

Do NOT format on the default setting of "FAT32" - this will automatically be selected.

Instead choose "FAT" and then do a full format - NOT a quick format.

Voila - your card will now work perfectly. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Best wishes,

c_a_s_a_n_o_v_a