PDA

View Full Version : pentax DL hot Shoe question

txsbluesguy
11-02-2006, 11:03 AM
I have a Pentax DL and im having a bit of a issue with the hot shoe. I cant seem to get anything to fire off the hot shoe other than the AF 360 and a Sunpak555 with TTL adapter. i have tried several hot shoe to PC adapters and none seem to work. I even bought one of the new Wein safe shoe adapters. it will trigger the off camera flash with its test button but taking a photo will not trigger any of my other flashes with any combination of cables.

Am i not setting something right??? is ther a magic trick to this?? i have tried the camera in manual and full program along with the aperture and shutter priorty modes. or do i have a faulty hot shoe?? its fot to be something so simple im missing it

I Need to take maternity portraits of my wife and we only have a month to go. so i need good soft side lighting and such so i need to move the AF360 off camera but every one i check with is out of stock and back ordered on the off camera adapters and 9' extension cable (whats up with that) so i cant wait for the back orders to be filled.i may just go get a couple more AF 360 keep the one oncamera a lo power and the other one slash/two at higher output levels
thank you in advance for any help you may give

jeisner
11-02-2006, 01:43 PM
I have never tried, but maybe try asking at www.pentaxforums.com there are a lot more Pentax users to help there... or at dpreview...