PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP~! Canon SD630 vs Casio EX S770

netddos
10-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Which camera would produce better image quality?

My guess is Canon but I just want to make sure..

Also..does anybody know a REAL LIFE battery performance of SD630? Are OEM batteries worth getting?

My dilemma here is...I'd get Canon SD630 in a heartbeat but it has one of the worst battery life I've seen..merely 160 shots...but I affordable OEM batteries do the job..I can just buy a couple so I don't have to worry about the camera giving up on me at critical moment..

netddos
10-29-2006, 09:52 PM
jesus christ...

no competition...sd650 all the way..

i just did a A-B image comparison against my TWO years old Canon S400..well..S400 obliterates S770 in IQ...Why does Casio produce so shitty images? Color is vibrant, but noise kills the image whenever there is a dark spot..

now now..how do i overcome the problem of SD630's below average battery life? I don't want to opt Canon's authentic battery because it costs 1/5 of the camera's cost..

Any recommendations for a good Canon SD630's OEM battery? Are those ones with 900-1000mah fake?

corzo_cone
12-22-2006, 05:06 PM
I agree, the SD630 blows any Casio out of the water. Compare Canon with decades of being a imaging leader, to a company that started out making wristwatches and just recently started making cheap cameras. They are good value, but if you want quality, it's definitely got to be the Canon every time.

As far as batteries are concerned, I bought 2 non-OEM batteries off eBay. They are 800mAh and work as good or better than OEM. Dirt cheap and they work great, but I have heard some bad things about other batteries, I guess it's a gamble.