PDA

View Full Version : E-500, Watch your ba(ttery)

Smiles
10-28-2006, 06:10 AM
I bought the Olympus EVOLT-500. Big problem occurred after 3 months of use--battry lid which has a couple pegs fitting into sockets fell off while I was carrying camera in normal use. Battery fell out unbeknownst to me. Both parts were lost. Circuit City said that this was Olympus problem.

The Olympus parts website for EVOLT 500 says "the parts displayed will be those we've identified as being "most in demand" by our customers."

The $7 battery cover is number 2 on that list and Olmpus is out of stock.

A pricey, annoying problem. The EVOLT looks less cool with duct tape over the battery box.

Gary24
11-24-2006, 06:28 AM
I bought the Olympus EVOLT-500. Big problem occurred after 3 months of use--battry lid which has a couple pegs fitting into sockets fell off while I was carrying camera in normal use. Battery fell out unbeknownst to me. Both parts were lost. Circuit City said that this was Olympus problem.

The Olympus parts website for EVOLT 500 says "the parts displayed will be those we've identified as being "most in demand" by our customers."

The $7 battery cover is number 2 on that list and Olmpus is out of stock.

A pricey, annoying problem. The EVOLT looks less cool with duct tape over the battery box.
I am surprised your battery fell out because there is a little red button that you have to push to get the battery out of the slot after the cover is open. Does yours have that button? I have not had any problems with that cover yet but thanks for the heads up.

www.how-wood.com