PDA

View Full Version : Help with F30 settings

oasiswc
10-23-2006, 02:11 PM
Is there a link to a site where settings are discussed for the Fuji F30? For example, what settings for outdoors vs. indoors, etc? Sorry I know nothing about this! I have been told to go with EV -1/3 for outdoor shots. Is this a standard I can go with for all my outdoor pics? What ISO is the best for outside? 100? Also, indoors. EV back to 0? What is a good standard for ISO inside? I just need some good starting points until I learn more. Thanks.

Sintares
10-23-2006, 02:50 PM
Typically you will always want to use the lowest ISO you can.

The only reasons to increase it is if a lower ISO gives you too low a shutter speed so the image would suffer blur due to hand shake, a higher ISO will give you more sensitivity to light thus speed up the shutter, or if you want to capture a moving target, and need a fast shutter speed to freeze the action.

The F30 has excellent ISO (little in the way of "noise") all the way up to 400 a good 800 and even a usable 1600.

tim11
10-23-2006, 10:14 PM
I agree with what Sintares said. You should use lowest ISO wherever possible. Later on, as you understand the camera better you should be able to understand and select ISO to suit the situation.

Remember, the magnitude of purple fringe problem is subjective. If you mainly make small prints you can just leave EV alone. It happens when there is very extreme contrast between bright and dark area.

I suggest you first the user manual and know most, if not all, of the buttons and functions.

Meanwhile, you can still make good shots using fully AUTO mode - turn to the red camera symbol without M. In Auto mode, you can't change anything.