PDA

View Full Version : fuji S9500 first day blues

jimmyybob
10-23-2006, 02:20 PM
Hello, i have just bought an S9500 and i am having trouble.
The main problem is me i exept that untill i fully grasp this thing problems will arise.
I took this picture this morning and as you can see something is wrong.
The setting i used for this were all auto/factory but i still didnt expect it to look like it does.
The main problem when photographing my son is that he moves...fast!!
What should i set to for the best indoor pictures without seeing him and his limbs as a blur.
This is my first time with a complex camera like this so please dont be to harsh on me.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/9017/oliverredbg5.jpg

tim11
10-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Can you just scale down the image and leave EXIF intact? Otherwise, I can't guesstimate the lighting condition in the room. If you use Photoshop, just scale down - then use SAVE AS; not SAVE FOR WEBSITE or something like that.
To me, it's dimly lit and what you got is expected.
Sorry I don't have S9500 but if I can just have EXIF with the image I can help pinpoint what happened.

theveed
10-25-2006, 09:56 AM
Not an expert bud, but just plainly looking at the pic... Try the following with regards to the blurring:

1: Use flash.
2: Try higher ISO setting
3: Try "Sports Mode" - If there's one with the S9500 - it should.
4: Pre-focus

With regards to the orange hue...

White balance setting.

jimmyybob
10-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Thats for that, yes it does focus perfect with the flash, but then it looks to white with dark background,

P_Schneider
10-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Well not knowing that camera I can only give general advice. I am assuming you would like to shoot w/o a flash so you can do a number of things to help that shot.
adjust your white balance
increase ISO
shoot with a longer exposure
create better lighting for the scene

Even when all that fails you can sometimes save a photo with some post processing. I hope you dont mind but I took the liberty of cleaning up the photo you posted above. I use photoshop but most graphics programs can do this.
All I did was adjust levels, contrast and color. I then cleaned up the noise and sharpened it a bit in neat image.

Eeros
10-28-2006, 06:54 PM
I see there is one "Hot pixel" there (near your son's head). Was the shutter speed more than 1 second?

To stop movement it's an old question in Photography... and allways will be?

But otherwise: I like the picture. Very good study of young life (I have 4 years old son my self).

Good luck,

Eero