PDA

View Full Version : New decision to be made..........

Ron Rosenwald
11-23-2004, 08:56 PM
I see that the Olympus Evolt E300 is scheduled to be released w/ lens at just under $1000. Being quite happy with my first digital, a C-3020...... but wanting to get a superior product with great performance, I was trying to decide about the Nikon D70 vs the Canon D300.... leaning to the Nikon because of liking my old 8008s so much........ now I am more confused...... anyone have any thoughts? Guess its wait and see time ......when does the Oly arrive for sale?
Ron

D70FAN
11-24-2004, 05:44 AM
I see that the Olympus Evolt E300 is scheduled to be released w/ lens at just under $1000. Being quite happy with my first digital, a C-3020...... but wanting to get a superior product with great performance, I was trying to decide about the Nikon D70 vs the Canon D300.... leaning to the Nikon because of liking my old 8008s so much........ now I am more confused...... anyone have any thoughts? Guess its wait and see time ......when does the Oly arrive for sale?
Ron

The Oly E300 does look interesting, but keep in mind that everything (and I mean everything) is proprietary. So don't go looking to Sigma, Tamron, or Tokina, for lenses. The ultra-sonic self cleaning sensor is a nifty feature.

I still like the D70, and haven't seen anything new that would entice me to change. There are still a lot of features unique to the D70 (like 1/500 sec. flash sync.) that are important to me, but may not be an issue with you.

If you have tried the D70 and it meets your needs then that's the way to go. If the DReb (or potientially the Oly or Minolta 7D) meets you needs then likewise. I don't think you can make a wrong decision with any of these cameras.