PDA

View Full Version : Surveillance photo

shelle007
10-17-2006, 04:44 PM
I work at a very small police department and we had a burglary at a store where we have the suspect caught on video. Unfortunately, the footage is so pixelated that we cant make a positive ID of him. I took a frame from the footage and made it into a jpeg but it still looks pretty bad. We have a possible suspect in mind but it would help to know we are on the right track. Is there a program where that photo could be made more clear or is that just wishful thinking? :D

Thanks in Advance

Shelle

forno
10-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Ring Grisom at CSI:p

And to answer your q, i dont think so

Rhys
10-17-2006, 04:55 PM
I work at a very small police department and we had a burglary at a store where we have the suspect caught on video. Unfortunately, the footage is so pixelated that we cant make a positive ID of him. I took a frame from the footage and made it into a jpeg but it still looks pretty bad. We have a possible suspect in mind but it would help to know we are on the right track. Is there a program where that photo could be made more clear or is that just wishful thinking? :D

Thanks in Advance

Shelle

You need to contact the FBI for that. They're someplace in Virginia.

ktixx
10-17-2006, 06:25 PM
if you run the photo through photoshop you can probably convert it to Black and White and maybe also use a find edges filter to help detect the edge of the persons face. It won't be a perfect image but you might be able to make a positive ID...
Good Luck
Ken