PDA

View Full Version : Olympus c-765 flat color

ygmarchi
11-22-2004, 03:12 AM
Hi,

I have an Olympus c-765 camera. When I print pictures I find colors to be rather flat, somewhat unnatural. This happens in all situations and with all subjects.

So I'm not completely satisfied with this otherwise powerful camera.

My girlfriend has an Olympus c-50 machine, and, while her camera has other drawbacks my camera doesn't have, I think her photos, when printed, have more convincing and dynamic colors.

I'm not an imaging scientist, so I cannot substantiate more precisely my impressions. Is there anybody else who share my doubts on the Olympus c-765 camera? Are there any regulations (contrast, saturation, etc...) to solve the problems I think my camera has?

Thank you anyway,
Carlo.

ygmarchi
11-22-2004, 03:25 AM
I found a review that somewhat confirms my doubts:

"The main problem with the C-765 is image quality. In default mode pictures are over-sharpened, which exacerbates image noise problems. Adjusting the sharpness to a lower level helps somewhat, but this problem shouldn't really exist. What's worse, and impossible to correct, is significant purple fringing on high-contrast edges. CS"

http://www.betterdigitalphotography.com/content/cam_tests/olym_c765.html

Thon
11-26-2004, 03:01 PM
I've got a C770 and never noticed the problem you had.

You should try to increase the saturation level a little through the menu and test it out.

tonay
11-26-2004, 06:12 PM
I have not had a problem w/ flat color but almost to much color. I'm noticing that textures (ribbed shirts, couch fabric or leather chairs etc) are over done in the pictures and look very un-natural. I've been playing with the sharpness and turned on the noise reduction but not really sure what I should do. I'm new on the block. I tried attaching the pic but only 39.1Kb is allowed and at that resolution you can't clearly see the issue.

Anyone else experiencing this or know how to avoid it?

Thon
12-03-2004, 07:28 PM
Try put the camera back to the original factory default setting and tweak it from there.

My C770UZ sometimes takes slightly soft photos and boosting the sharpening by 1 level helps a lot. The saturation and contract problems can be solved via the same menus.

Everyone will have different tastes in what looks good, so try out the different settings on a controlled environment to get the settings you like.