PDA

View Full Version : Weather-sealed lenses for K10D?

cvicisso
10-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I do 75% of my shooting at the beach, and hence I'm really interested in the weather-sealed aspect of the K10D (especially for that price!), but then started thinking about lenses. What good is the body being all sealed up if you have to worry about water and sand in the lens mechanisms? Does Pentax (or anyone) make weather-sealed lenses that will work with the K10D?

Thanks in advance!

Peleg
10-04-2006, 02:19 PM
I do 75% of my shooting at the beach, and hence I'm really interested in the weather-sealed aspect of the K10D (especially for that price!), but then started thinking about lenses. What good is the body being all sealed up if you have to worry about water and sand in the lens mechanisms? Does Pentax (or anyone) make weather-sealed lenses that will work with the K10D?

Thanks in advance!

...that the 3 new lenses due out in March are all weather sealed. I don't know if any other 3rd party lenses are sealed or not.

cvicisso
10-04-2006, 05:45 PM
...that the 3 new lenses due out in March are all weather sealed. I don't know if any other 3rd party lenses are sealed or not.Thanks Peleg. :D I just Googled for the three new Pentax DA* lenses and found this link (http://pentaxlife.com/three-new-stars-by-pentax). It states:

"All of them features first in Pentax ultrasonic motors and all-weather sealing. Nice companions for recently announced K10D all-weather DSLR."

Su-weet. :D

CptOfGondor
10-04-2006, 07:44 PM
LoL omg the rebrands. Check this page (http://pentaxlife.com/star-lenses-from-samsung) out. Insane. Apparenty Tokina made them. Though I must say, the Samsung SA* lenses look better and more rugged than their Pentax DA* counterparts.

More resemblance to the Pentax SMC M and A lenses. Kinda liking this Pentax<->Samsung<->Tokina thing. Lots of exterior choice, the same good interior.

jeisner
10-04-2006, 09:13 PM
I don't think Tokina made them, they look IDENTICAL to the pentax ones only the texture of the rubber grips (zoom and focus) has changed.. And the colour of the rings (blue instead of green and black instead of gold)...

KFrog
10-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Kinda liking this Pentax<->Samsung<->Tokina thing. Lots of exterior choice, the same good interior.

I agree. More choices, more competition and hopefully lower prices? (Yeah right) I do like the look of the Pentax DA over the Samsung though. I wonder if there will be much of a price difference?

KAFman
10-05-2006, 04:10 AM
I don't think Tokina made them
They were co-developed. But Tokina will manufacture Tokina lenses on Tonkina plant. And Pentax will manufacture Pentax lenses (and may be Samsung too) on Pentax plant.

KAFman
10-05-2006, 04:21 AM
BTW, New Tokina 50-135mm F2.8 lens (and probably other two co-developed with Pentax) will not be available for K-mount. Only for Canon and Nikon.

CptOfGondor
10-06-2006, 11:50 AM
oh yea remember the Fujinons from the S6000fd and the S9000, tamron made the lenses. LoL

Nesster
10-06-2006, 12:03 PM
BTW, New Tokina 50-135mm F2.8 lens (and probably other two co-developed with Pentax) will not be available for K-mount. Only for Canon and Nikon.

Heh heh, maybe Tokina will make a Samsung mount version :p

CptOfGondor
10-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Tokina makes the lenses which then get badged DA Pentax and SA Samsung.

Omg... Samsung had better not pull a Hasselblad H3D and newb the K Mount. LoL. Too bad we *ist dSLR generation don't have the KAF2 for the ultrasonic AF.

I really hope there wi;ll be at least some distinctness in the price.

About the SA* Samsung lenses looking better, I guess I'm more used to see the old school style Pentax SMC-M lenses The Gold strip is nice but Sigma's alreadyt done it and gold with green is a bit I awkward.

:) :D