PDA

View Full Version : Calibrate White Balance

Scorpion
10-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Hello, I think my E-500 has some white balance issues. I've shot numerous pictures under various lighting conditions and modes. No matter how I designate my white balance everything always comes out with a blue tint. Using, auto, manual, etc. The white looks fine on the camera screen but once transfered to any computer the pictures always look blue. Is there a way to permanetly adjust / re-calibrate the white balance?

sla
10-04-2006, 07:47 AM
I can see, nobody answers. I don't know Olympus cams, but there is a way to "cheat". If your image is too cool after custom WB setting, try to use a piece of paper (or anything) not exactly white(gray), but with blue cast. This should give warmer cast to the picture.
This can be even used as a color filter. You can use different colors. It can be fun (if you like such experiments).

kgosden
10-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Is this only on one computer that you experienced this issue? My first question is have you calibrated your monitor?

Norm in Fujino
10-05-2006, 09:42 AM
Try using a proper white/gray card and the one-touch WB setting. Something sounds fishy to me.

Scorpion
10-06-2006, 09:17 AM
I have used several computers at least 8 different computers, flat screens and CRT. All produce simialr results pictures look blue and dark. I do use a white piece of paper when I do the one touch WB, haven't tried gray. I'll give that a whirl and see what happens.