View Full Version : Pextax *ist dSLRs + Lens Help Needed!

09-20-2006, 10:47 PM
ok, I use a Samsung GX-1L (Pentax DL2 + same pentax menus) and I've done the custom setting to allow use of plain K mount lenses (no A mode)

->FI with S lens
->Using Aperture Ring

Right. But here's the problem. I've mounted an SMC-M 50mm f2 on the GX-1L and I swtich to Aperture Priority (Av). The problem is that when I turn the aperture ring like to smaller apertures, the prescribed shutter speeds do no seem to change at all. Does anyone know why? Like it seems like the camera is giving me certain shutter speed values regardless of which f-number I pick.

any ideas?

Spot focus
09-21-2006, 03:49 AM
I just played with my DS and found using M and setting f stop then using DOF lever gives an exposure reading +/- in far right of the viewfinder,shutter speed can be ajusted to get 0 via rear wheel ;) I hope this helps

09-25-2006, 03:30 PM
I actually just answer your question but on the "K100D suck" discussion. Anyway here is your answer, if you put the camera in full manual mode, the "M" on the dial, then set the manual lens apeture to what you want then press the AE-L button and the camera will meter for you. Then just take the shot. BTW this doesn't work when the flash is on. In the case of flash you will just have to learn, guess, what shutter and apeture to use and just take the picture. It actually isn't to hard once you get used to it.

09-25-2006, 05:30 PM
oh yea! thanks you two for the help. it's not too far off from my DOF button on my MZ-M. The *ist dSLR DOF button is a snapshot, I wasn't too pleased with that. But now its more like how it used to be. Too bad they crippled the K-Mount.

I've also just learned that my dad's SMC-M 35mm f.28 and RMC Tokina 28mm f.28...both have 'sticky/sluggish' apertures (which explains alot of my overexposed negatives back when I was using my MZ-M :( Wide open use only I guess.